If you're interested in a copy of any of these, or if you have any questions or comments,
please be in touch.
- Mathematical Impossibilities, in preparation, a general-interest book presenting the ideas and
people associated with certain fundamental mathematical questions.
- Mathematical Modeling and Applied Calculus with Joel Kilty
A textbook for a a 100-level mathematics course focused on modeling, data analysis,
and applied calculus.
published by Oxford University Press, November 2018, ISBN: 978-019-882-4725.
- A Transition to Advanced Mathematics: A Survey Course with William W. Johnston
A textbook for a transition course surveying mathematics.
published by Oxford University Press, August 2009, ISBN: 978-019-531-0764.
- Schaum's Easy Outlines: Logic, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2005. ISBN: 0-07-145535-3.
An abridgement based on Schaum's Outline of Theory and Problems of Logic, Second
Edition by John Nolt, Dennis Rohatyn, and Achille Varzi, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1998.
Abridgment Editor: Alex M. McAllister, 135 pages.
- Mathematical Impossibilities, expository publication,in Mathematical Association of America
Notes Volume on The Courses of History: Ideas for Developing a History of Mathematics
Course, in preparation.
- Math and Drama in Ancient Greece, Matthew R. Hallock and Alex M. McAllister, expository
publication,in Mathematical Association of America Notes Volume on The Courses of
History: Ideas for Developing a History of Mathematics Course, in preparation.
- History of Mathematics: Seeking Truth and Inspiring Students, Alex M. McAllister and Diana
White, expository publication, in the Doceamus column of Notices of the American
Mathematical Society, Volume 23, Number 2, February 2015, 172-174.
- A Survey Transition Course, William W. Johnston and Alex M. McAllister, expository
publication, in PRIMUS: Problems, Resources, and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate
Studies, Volume 22, Issue 1, 30-42, February 2012.
available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10511970.2010.489200.
- Turing upper bounds for countable jump ideals, research publication, in Nonstandard
Models of Arithmetic and Set Theory, Contemporary Mathematics,ISSN: 0271-4132,
Volume 361, October 2004, 129 - 143.
- The Kentucky Section goes high-tech: The tale of an e-newsletter, expository publication
in Focus of the MAA, Volume 23, Number 2, February 2003, 8 - 9.
- Bounded Scott Set Saturation, research publication in Mathematical Logic Quarterly,
Volume 48, Number 2, 2002, 245 - 259.
- An Experiment that Worked: Revising the Calculus Curriculum, with William W. Johnston and
John H. Wilson, expository publication in Focus of the MAA, Volume 21, Number 8,
November 2001, 8 - 9.
- Computability in structures representing a Scott set, research publication in Archive for
Mathematical Logic, Volume 40, 2001, 147 - 165.
- Completions of PA: models and enumerations of representable sets, research publication in
Journal of Symbolic Logic, Volume 63, Number 3, September 1998, 1063 - 1082.
- Evaluation of high-level bound-bound and bound-continuum strengths by asymptotic expansion
K. Omidvar and A.M. McAllister, research publication in Physical Review A, Volume 51,
Number 2, Febuary 1995, 1063 - 1066.
Poetry published at Centre College
- Thoughts on Being an Academic Advisor at Centre College, expository, July 2013, 12 pages.
- Reading Your Mathematics Textbook, expository, September 1999, revised 2008, 1 page.
- An Introduction to LaTeX and VTeX, expository, August 2003, revised 2004, 12 pages.
- Introduction to Maple, expository, August 2002, 4 pages.
- A Dreamweaver Primer, expository, May 2002, 28 pages.
- My Understanding of the ACS Information Fluency Project, expository, Feb. 2002, 3 pages.
- The Turing partial order of w-models defined via completions of arithmetic, research,
Summer 2001, 15 pages.
- Scott Set Saturation and Relative Computability of Models and Enumerations, research,
Summer 1998, 35 pages.
- Elementarily Equivalent Structures of all Noncomputable Degrees, research, Fall 1996,
- Enumerations of all Noncomputable Degrees, research, Fall 1996, 3 pages.
- Enumerations of Jump Ideals and Scott Sets, research, Summer 1995, 7 pages.
- #33 Running, Vantage Point, Volume 49, Number 2, January 2016.
- #74 Danny, Vantage Point, Volume 36, Number 2, January 2003.
- #87 Questions, Vantage Point, Volume 36, Number 2, January 2003.