CHE 24, Fall 1998 Name
September 18, 1998
1. Draw the lowest energy chair conformation of cis-1-bromo-4-t-butylcyclohexane. You may assume that bromine is smaller than a t-butyl group.
2. Show a reaction corresponding to the homolytic bond cleavage of Br2. Will this reaction be exothermic or endothermic?
3. Label the electrophile and the nucleophile in the following reaction, and use arrows to show the flow of electrons in the reaction.
4. Name the following alkene.
5. Draw a structure for cis-3,3-dimethyl-1,5-octadiene.