Interesting things about folks who weren't at the reunion:
- From Renee Brown-Nembhard: Sorry I missed the reunion, but
Hurricane Rita messed up my plans!! My house and my business sustained
damage. Everyone in the class picture looks great!!
- Susan Metzger Gracia recently accepted an associate professor
position at Rhode Island College.
- Michele Bregande Roper and her family returned from Rome this
- Terri (Deltz) Magnus and her family
went to Norway in July 2004.
- John Morris is Director of Communications and Alumni Relations at
Christian Brothers High School in Memphis.
- Father Paul Weinberger is the pastor at St. William's in Greenville, TX.
- Mary Kayser Grimm is a busy practicing OB/GYN in the greater St.
- Patricia Stanton Brown gave birth to a
baby boy in January 2005,
at the age of 41.
- Dan LaCorte just fathered a child,
Peter John La Corte born August 18, 2005
- Shelly (Heinbecker) Ironside is married, teaching Italian part time
and raising three kids, who are 15, 13, and 11.
- Robert Amorello married Ally Clark, Anna Maria College '96 and
inherited her email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). They have two children,
James 7, and Ethan, 6, who are proficient at sports.
- Caryn Voskuil is working in Beijing at the Beijing International
Studies University, teaching Literature and Culture, and loving it!
- Randy Beeler and his wife Pam ('87) are teaching English,
Theology, Technical Writing, Latin, and History at St. Joseph Catholic
(Secondary) School in Bryan and loving it.
- Shiu-Yueh Baxter is still in Kuwait with Expeditionary Medical
Facility Dallas - Navy. She expects to return to Carrollton around
Thanksgiving with the rest of her unit.
- Andrea and Scott Sexton missed the reunion to attend Parent's
Weekend at the University of Virginia (two oldest daughters) and supervise
Homecoming events for their son.
- Mary Ann Buddenberg Miller is expecting a baby in early April and
is in the process of being reviewed for associate professorship at Caldwell
- Roger de Brantes says: Count me in with the opponents of the Bush
library, even though that might be counter-productive!!
Things we learned about each other at the reunion:
- Bill Cernosek likes baseball.
- Scott Barker teaches high school Latin.
- Mary Lovera has dual citizenship (US and Holland).
- Dennis Fisher is a carpenter in Pennsylvania.
- Chris Swan is an art conservator in Williamsburg.
- Chris Kisling says they drink alcoholic beverages out of shoes
and boots where he works (okay, only at parties).
- Eric Coligado skipped a bike ride with Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow
so he and Gigi could come see the rest of us on Saturday.
- Angela Fritsen is engaged.
- Rob Reeb practices maritime law.
- Jeanmarie Zufall Organ is an artist.
- Monica Flynn Estrada lives in Thousand Oaks, California with her husband
and six kids.
- John Richards will quit his job to fight the Bush Library if necessary.
- Diane Russenberger Taylor is preparing to take the patent bar exam.
- Mike Terranova is not yet licensed as an architect.
- Ralph Fitzgerald is a pediatrician.
- Lora (Higgins) Rodriguez was the only spring romer to send Gina
- The rest of the Spring Romers are turkeys for not sending Gina
any photos for the slide show. (Maybe we'll get our acts together for the
- Jon Shelburne returned safely from Iraq in December 2004.
- Julie Hosinski Bregande recently renovated her house and now one
of her kids wants to move back to their "old house."
- Wehrle has an email address and might even read messages.
- Gina (Bonanno) Morrison and Laura Gricius West learned you
should never sit on a glass topped dining table...
- Mary Rossi Ritter learned that if you really want to experience
campus life again (i.e., eat cafeteria food), you should register in advance
for the reunion weekend. Mary says "When has a UD reunion ever been sold out?"
- Dave LeMire is a hero for helping to find tables and chairs to
accomodate the overflow crowd.
- Alec Alexander is Assistant US Attorney in Louisiana.
Please send your additions to this list to